AfterbirtherWatch: Papa Bear Sells Out
The Birther story may be dead, but as we Exclusively! reported Monday, the afterlife of that story is gaining steam: the fight among wingnut poobahs whether to take it seriously, and the recriminations against those who don’t.
Our first round involved reputed human Ann Coulter, who in the company of Geraldo Rivera and Mike Huckabee on Fox News, shot down the story so decisively that the first-year government quota of croaking seniors was met that day. WorldNetDaily, official scorekeeper of the Afterbirthers, immediately posted a reader poll questioning her right to exist.
Comes now word of even bigger game afoot: Bill O’Reilly, defending Lou Dobbs’ right to bloviate, called the Birther issue itself “bogus” and “patently absurd”.
“What are you going to do? I don’t know why it’s still around,” said Papa Bear, explaining that he personally dismissed the subject the last time it made the rounds. “That was more than a year ago.”
Heck, he even chuckled.
And rather than admit the obvious — that the media conspiracy is even worse than we thought — WND instead shot back with, yes, another reader poll: “The Know-Spin Zone”.
But unlike our polls, theirs have comments!
- “They call us names and act like were nine eleven truthers. Its crazy!”
- “I always thought him to be on the good side and now it seems he has crossed over to the darkside.”
- “One has to assume O’Reilly is lying like all the rest since there is no way he could have determined either way by investigating.”
- “I have read that msnbc and nbc now own fox. I think that is why they have turn on the truth.”
- “Billy O’Reilly is now Barney Franks’ new roommate.”
Folks, this wingnut deathmatch is just getting started. Who will be the next Birther turncoat? Stay tuned!