Inverted Pyramid Scheme
Title: “The Associated Press Stylebook 2009”
Customers Also Bought: “Foundations of Pentecostal Theology,” by Guy P. Duffield
Footnote: But enough about that. We just need a cheap excuse to run some recent Greatest Tweets from FakeAPStylebook…
- When burying the lede always eliminate any witnesses.
- Avoid using the term ‘white paper.’ Use ‘Wall Street Journal’ instead.
- Passive voice is used when the receiver of an action is more important than the performer. Ex: Your mom was banged.
- A “homonym” is a nym attracted to nyms of the same gender.
- The word “diarrhea” is hard to spell. Try: transporter problems, Jackson Brown, #3, blowing the devil’s trombone.
- When it is raining put a circumflex above all vowels to prêvênt thêm frôm gêttîng wêt.
- “Dickweed” is the pejorative term, “dick weed” is the dreaded Peruvian Penis Thistle.
- References to online retailer Amazon.com should always include “.com” even though they actually make money.
- For 1-5 pizza boxes, use the suffix -heap. For 6-10, use -henge. 10+ pizza boxes is a pizziggurat.
- One does not “use” an interrobang. One submits to it.
Buy or Die [Stinque@Amazon kickback link]