Butterflies are Freaks
We proudly present some randy highlights from a new study of butterfly mating habits:
- “During sex the males physically restrain the females for an entire day”
- “She then arranged for some female butterflies to receive a large deposit from a single male, and others to have a small deposit from three different males adding up to a similar volume.”
- “I don’t know of any other creatures that respond to the amount of sperm inside their mates,” says Solensky.
- “Solensky suspects that sensors on the male penis detect the volume directly, like the dipstick in a car’s oil tank.”
- “Ms Narayan on December 7 allegedly doused her husband Satish’s genitals with petrol as he slept in their suburban Adelaide home and set him alight.”
Oops, how did Australia’s Flaming Penis of Death get in there?
Butterflies use penis to gauge sex competition [New Scientist]
Add a Comment
Please log in to post a comment