Jack Chick, 1924-2016

Upon Jack’s arrival, St. Peter looked up from a collection of Chick Tracts and asked “What the hell is this shit?”

R.I.P. Jack Chick, comics scaremonger [A.V. Club]

8:07 pm • Monday • October 24, 2016

The only thing satanic about D&D was a dungeon master I endured once.

He was quite a motherfucker.

Like Jack.

9:58 pm • Monday • October 24, 2016

I’ll never forget my introduction to gay pron, er, I mean Chick Tracts. An older Southern Baptist couple gave me one about a young man who came out as gay right about the time I knew that the jig was up for my secksualitee. I was 12. After the cute, young twink came out, he went man-on-man on panel after panel with huge, ripped, Tom of Finland-style muscle bears. It was the horniest comic I’ve ever seen to this day–I wish I still had it. Of course the young man died of AIDS at the end, but whattawaytogo!!!

12:42 am • Tuesday • October 25, 2016

@¡Andrew!: The only one I remember clearly is a deathbed-conversion comic, but there were plenty more that crossed my path. Hell if I know how they found me, since my folks weren’t churchgoing types.

For that matter, as Lutherans, we were barely Christian to hegin with.

10:07 am • Wednesday • October 26, 2016

Just in time for Halloween horrors, Candidate Orange leads in the FL polls. Apparently, a plurality of 45% of Florida voters wanna be grabbed by the pussy. Whattafreakin’ country.

1:53 pm • Wednesday • October 26, 2016

@¡Andrew!:
Weird. Cheeto Face has been trailing in FL for the most part.

On the other hand, Hilsbot doesn’t need FL to win at this point, almost at 270.

2:35 pm • Wednesday • October 26, 2016

@ManchuCandidate: There’s a reason FL is best known for alcoholism, bath salts cannibals, and insanity. Oh, and Disney.

The Trumpists have gone full Reaver.

2:42 pm • Wednesday • October 26, 2016

@¡Andrew!: Jeopardy had a “Florida Man” category a couple weeks ago (riffing on the amazing/horrifying Twitter account) and it was spectacular.

3:04 pm • Wednesday • October 26, 2016

@¡Andrew!: Trump can have both Florida and Ohio. Not an electoral issue.

Marco winning Florida might keep the Senate under GOP control, however. Senate will be the real nail-biter election night.

3:43 pm • Wednesday • October 26, 2016

@mellbell: I bow before Florida Man’s brilliance.

1:46 pm • Thursday • October 27, 2016

Never heard of this guy before, but one imagines that Ward Sutton (cartoonist for The Onion) is intimately familiar with his oeuvre.

2:34 pm • Thursday • October 27, 2016
7:10 pm • Thursday • October 27, 2016

I played lots of D&D in my day. Still can’t cast a level 1 spell in real life. Not even Fireball… unless you count throwing lit matches at a charcoal Bar-b-cue grill with waaay too much lighter fluid sprayed on top.