Have We Mentioned Lately Why We Don’t Trust ThinkProgress?

The headline:

Applebee’s CEO Threatens To Fire Employees And Freeze Hiring Because Of Obamacare

The lede:

Zane Tankel, the CEO of Applebee’s New York Franchise, Apple-Metro, is so dedicated to not spending money on his employees that he’s refusing to hire anyone new. Why? Because he might have to provide them health care.

Easy on the eggs, gang.

2:40 pm • Sunday • November 11, 2012

And just to be clear…

It is virtually impossible that a company the size of Applebee’s will be able to avoid providing health care in the long-term…

Applebee’s has more than two thousand restaurants. The NY franchise runs fifty of them. The NY franchisee is clearly an asshole, but you can’t make his remarks reflect upon the other franchisees or the company as a whole.

2:49 pm • Sunday • November 11, 2012

You can add Papa John’s Pizza to the list. Speaking to students from his winter home in Port Royal, Naples, Florida, John said the price of pizza is going up + franchisees would be cutting back on the hours employees would be offered work. Check out the net worth of that Florida neighborhood.

4:45 pm • Sunday • November 11, 2012

@nojo: Most days I pass an Applebee’s on the corner of 50th and 7th as I get off the subway. Another reason not to go in …

5:53 pm • Sunday • November 11, 2012

@nojo: and c’mon, you expect ThinkProgress to commit an act of journalism?

10:45 pm • Sunday • November 11, 2012

@blogenfreude: Yes.

That is, if they want me to get all Outraged! about stuff, it would be nice if they got their facts straight.

12:33 pm • Monday • November 12, 2012

Saw Book of Mormon yesterday. Tried unsuccessfully to change my Stinque handle to General Buttfucking Naked.

3:13 pm • Monday • November 12, 2012

“A Mesa man is in critical condition after his wife ran over him with her Jeep because she was upset he didn’t vote in the presidential election and feared her family would suffer with President Obama’s re-election, Gilbert police said Monday.

Way to think it through, lady.

3:44 pm • Monday • November 12, 2012

@TJ/ Jamie Sommers /TJ: Was that a Chinese outsourced Jeep?

4:50 pm • Monday • November 12, 2012

Warning: This may make you ovulate. Even if you’re a guy or post-menopausal:

Barack Obama Being Adorable With Adorable Children

5:06 pm • Monday • November 12, 2012

@SanFranLefty: Warning: This may make you ovulate.

See, that’s the difference between a COTD (which we don’t do) and a Daily Blurb (which we do). A Daily Blurb is what amuses me most out of context.

5:49 pm • Monday • November 12, 2012

@TJ/ Jamie Sommers /TJ:
Well, I’m a standing in a parking lot
in Mesa, Arizona
and such a fine sight to see
It’s my wife, my Lord, in a big ass
Jeep drivin’ down to take a run at me
Come on, baby, don’t shriek Romney!
I gotta know if your bad driving is
gonna save me
We may lose and Obama may win though
we will never shop here again
so hit the brakes, I’m runnin’ fast,
Please take it easy

10:00 pm • Monday • November 12, 2012

@SanFranLefty: He is sooooooooooooooooooooo dreamy.

10:04 pm • Monday • November 12, 2012

@SanFranLefty: hard to choose a favorite, but seeing him play “catch me if you can” in the Oval Office is a Kennedy moment. Is that girl under the Lincoln portrait crying? Another fave…

11:12 pm • Monday • November 12, 2012

@Dodgerblue: With all the satin queers on this site, you just know that handle’s taken.

11:33 pm • Monday • November 12, 2012

@SanFranLefty: Four long years later, this is still my favorite.

1:11 am • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@mellbell: Sweet 6 pound 9 ounce Baby Jesus, my ovaries just exploded. Forgot about that one.

11:32 am • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@SanFranLefty: I’ve seen many of these through checking in periodically with the White House Flickr feed, and it’s always a double punch in the gut–the first when you see the adorable pic, and the second when you read the caption and realize many of the kids in the Oval Office are there through Make a Wish Foundation. Oof.

11:41 am • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

TJ/Is it just me or are they blowing this Petraius thing out of proportion. Even rachel. who I love, keeps running it like it’s something other than a kitchen-sink scandal with spies.

11:42 am • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@Dodgerblue: Hello, my name is Elder Buttfucking Naked!”

Genius.

11:43 am • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@Tommmcatt May Just Have Some MJ In His System As Well, So What?:
It’s all a tie in with the new James Bond Film, SkyFall.

11:45 am • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@Tommmcatt May Just Have Some MJ In His System As Well, So What?: There’s a wingnut angle that makes it popcorn worthy. Apparently FBI dude is the one who got to Cantor’s office because he thought the FBI was “covering up” what was originally not a national security issue.

11:47 am • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@ManchuCandidate: “Sky Ball”. Hehehe….

12:08 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012
12:34 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@Tommmcatt May Just Have Some MJ In His System As Well, So What?: I haven’t been able to get much, um, excited about it. It should be hilarious — the boy-scout general, the lusty biographer, the wingnut FBI agent, the other general, the Fox cries of Obama Scandal — but it feels like a zany Sixties comedy that doesn’t really work.

12:35 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@SanFranLefty: Re adorable president with adorable children: All pix quite wonderful, but of my several favorites I want to recommend the one of the very small boy baby sporting a comparatively very large glorious necktie, which the president is admiring (as who could not?). My hat’s off to the child’s brilliant parents for providing it.

12:38 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@lynnlightfoot: Me too. I was proud to see our president teaching a new generation how to properly relate to neckwear.

12:49 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@Tommmcatt May Just Have Some MJ In His System As Well, So What?: Yes, they are blowing it way out of proportion, but that’s nothing to how out of proportion it is going to continue to be in the lives of all the now very many people and marriages being subjected to public scrutiny. It’s at least four marriages. If you add in the children of said marriages and their families, God knows how many persons are being whirled around in this.

12:50 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@lynnlightfoot: Remind me why we care whom these general are boffing.

1:18 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@Dodgerblue: We don’t, do we? I sure don’t.

footnote: I hadn’t realized till Rachel Maddow brought it up that it’s illegal for military personnel to commit adultery. Hunh? Mrs. Grundy wrote said code?

2:20 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

The Illuminati must have some serious $#!t going down, since they’ve cooked up this scandal to Dr. Evil proportions to distract the public. Teach the controversy, sheeples!

2:23 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@¡Andrew!: Fiscal Cliff? What Fiscal Cliff?

Oh, look, Obama just sold out your Social Security in a Grand Bargain. Caught you sleeping!

2:25 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@¡Andrew!: Actually, I think Petraeus just has a lot of Spurned Media Lovers out there, and they’re exacting their revenge. Even Attackerman fessed up the other day.

2:26 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@nojo: They’re just jealous ’cause Pussy Broadwell’s so pretty.

2:31 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@nojo: You’d think Lindsay Graham would’ve wanted first dibs for sitting on Betrayus’s Hellfire Missile. Lookout, betches, this kitty’s got claws!

2:39 pm • Tuesday • November 13, 2012

@¡Andrew!: JCChristian had a good line this morning about old-school generals denying their essence.