Characteristics of Mormon Crickets
- Live in areas dominated by sagebrush.
- Infestations occur in which large numbers form roving bands.
- Create hazards when they swarm.
- When a large band crosses a road it can create a safety hazard by causing distracted revulsion on the part of the driver.
- Infestations may last years or even decades.
- Breeding begins within 10 to 14 days of reaching the adult stage.
- Females can lay about one hundred eggs each.
- Females compete for males.
- Known to be cannibals.
- They’re not really crickets.
Sen. Bennett Lashes Out At Sen. McCain: ‘We Ought To’ Infest Arizona With ‘Mormon Crickets’ [Think Progress]
Field Poll finds voters still split on marriage [SF Chronicle]
Mormon cricket [Wikipedia]
Add a Comment
Please log in to post a comment