Robert Bork (1927-2012)

A truly horrible human being:

11:57 am • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

What I always wonder is how much different would it have been to have this asshole vs what we ended up with – Scalia.

I wasn’t able to decide at that time if the Democrats were so worn out from the Bork battle that they didn’t have it in them to challenge Scalia or that they were still so full of themselves for winning the battle that they let that slimey bastard get through..

12:00 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

Evil Santa.

12:09 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

Yet Kissinger still walks the earth.

@DElurker: Actually we got Justice Kennedy, who is WAAAAAAYYY better than Bork would have been. I always wondered how Douglas Ginsburg (the pothead replacement # 1 for Bork) would have panned out.

12:10 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

@DElurker: I recall 2 things: 1) Scalia hadn’t written as much crazy shit; 2) Scalia didn’t reveal how crazy he was in the hearings. Bork did.

12:16 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

@SanFranLefty:
Kissinger is almost proving the saying “Only the good die young.”

12:56 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

@blogenfreude: Yeah, they learned their lesson well. Keep your crazy hidden and don’t answer any questions until after the vote.

From Wiki: “Television advertisements narrated by Gregory Peck attacked Bork as an extremist.” As if I needed more reasons to love Gregory Peck.

1:45 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

Call-center guy ended a conversation just now with, “I do really wish you enter your Christmas season.” Poor English or Mayan Apocalypse warning?

1:50 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

@mellbell: Confusion about heathen monotheistic year-end festivals.

1:51 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

@mellbell: Problem is, we entered it in October.

1:51 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

@TJ/ Jamie Sommers /TJ: now the Tea Party doesn’t know better and uses their outside voices.

2:38 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

@SanFranLefty: You beat me to a post about that war criminal Kissinger. Maybe it’s the blood of Cambodian children that sustains him.

6:19 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

Only four years after Bork’s rejection we ended up with someone far worse sitting on the SCOTUS with BushCo Sr’s openly racist appointment of Clarence Thomas, whose only qualification to sit in Thurgood Marshall’s seat was the color of his skin.

6:36 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

Ah, Bork! I salute your life and career in the most generous way I can muster: with noxious gassy emissions from my backside. Yes, sir, I fart in your general direction! Quiet rest and good riddance.

7:23 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

His name has become a verb to describe the act of voting down a vile and repellent nominee. I kind of like that.

However, it did not make up for his evil deeds. How many other people can claim credit for firing Richard Nixon’s special prosecutor?

9:44 pm • Wednesday • December 19, 2012

How many other people can claim credit for firing Richard Nixon’s special prosecutor? Now? Zero.