The Kinder, Gentler Romney

“I love the fact that there are women out there who don’t have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids. Thank goodness that we value those people too. And sometimes life isn’t easy for any of us.” —Ann Romney, attempting to show empathy for women whose husbands aren’t vulture capitalists. [BuzzFeed, via ThinkProgress]

3:37 pm • Tuesday • April 24, 2012

And it’s so wonderful the way many of these working moms are willing to do it for minimum wage and no benefits to speak of. I really should give them a yell out–is that how you say it?–at the next fundraiser. People who write five figure checks for Mitt find this kind of thing really heartwarming.

3:47 pm • Tuesday • April 24, 2012

@Jesuswalksinidaho:

Like Ann would ever deign to mingle with the sort of rabble that can only write five-figure checks. ;)

4:33 pm • Tuesday • April 24, 2012

You know what, Ann? You need to shut the fuck up! Good job opening your mouth wide enough to fit both of your pedicured feet, cuz we all know you don’t blow Mitt. If you’re a Naughty Mormon Muffin, better not confess to the Bish. He’ll need to know if you spit.

Stupid cunt.

Love,
Went back to work full-time when my kid was SIX WEEKS OLD, because “he wasn’t issued in my sea bag.”

P.S. I won’t go into the mechanics of using a manual breast pump in the head.

4:44 pm • Tuesday • April 24, 2012

@I’m passing for white: I’m sure my mom took some time off when my brother was born, but I don’t recall how much. Other than that, full-time office her entire working life. Neighborhood babysitter for NojoBro until I hit high school, and then I realized I could pocket the $25/week the neighbor was getting.

Which is why there’s a photo of 7-year-old NojoBro all dolled up as a Doomed Prince — with tights! — in our high-school production of Richard III. Kid was a Babe Magnet.

4:48 pm • Tuesday • April 24, 2012

@I’m passing for white:
Mormons don’t swallow?

9:19 pm • Tuesday • April 24, 2012

Remember the last time we elected a teetotaling business executive? Good times …