Whose Housing Bubble Is It, Anyway?

“Nearly four years after National Gypsum shuttered its drywall plant in Lorain, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney will reuse the facility on Henderson Drive as a backdrop for his message that President Barack Obama has failed to create jobs.” The plant closed in June 2008. [Cleveland Plain Dealer, via Political Wire]

7:20 pm • Thursday • April 19, 2012

Details, details. The plant closed in anticipation of Obama getting elected.

7:43 pm • Thursday • April 19, 2012

I wonder if any of the cheering teahadis at the plant realized that R-Money *would* have re-opened the plant if he was in charge – just in Mexico or in China…

That still makes him a JAAAAAAAHHHB CREATOR, right?

7:45 pm • Thursday • April 19, 2012

If the failure of W’s (and a little bit of Bill C’s) financial policies wasn’t going to shutter that plant then Romney was going to.

8:34 pm • Thursday • April 19, 2012

Fuck, even Reagan’s FHLBB Chief Ed Grey turned around and re-regulated the thrift industry to hold the losses at half a trillion. It wasn’t popular but the administration wasn’t so psychopathic as to argue with plain fact that S&Ls were being systematically looted and routinely mismanaged under the new regulatory regime.

Obama continues to fucking preserve the fucking doomsday machine created under ReaganBush and Clinton. Message to unicorn. Take fist; pound it into face of financial crimes industry; when it’s covered in blood and hair, have a beer and repeat.

12:00 am • Friday • April 20, 2012

@FlyingChainSaw: You forgot to include in your schedule the long Balantine Ale piss in the face of financial crimes industries after said beer.

12:10 am • Friday • April 20, 2012

@SanFranLefty: Ah yes, a Ballentine Valentine. Been a while since he’s requested one of those.

12:36 am • Friday • April 20, 2012

Ha!

Listen up. I know the shit you’ve been saying behind my back. You think I’m stupid. You think I’m immature. You think I’m a malformed, pathetic excuse for a font. Well think again, nerdhole, because I’m Comic Sans, and I’m the best thing to happen to typography since Johannes fucking Gutenberg.

12:45 am • Friday • April 20, 2012

Jonathan Frid, 1924-2012.

Okay, okay: Barnabas Collins.

1:37 am • Friday • April 20, 2012

@nojo: Just in time for the movie.

2:20 am • Friday • April 20, 2012

@Tommmcatt Wears A Hoodie Daily: And right on cue, a trailer shows on the telly. I don’t know if I can handle a camp version. Have some respect.

2:39 am • Friday • April 20, 2012

@nojo: Not to upset you further, but wasn’t the camp version actually the original?

2:46 am • Friday • April 20, 2012

@Tommmcatt Wears A Hoodie Daily: I’m told Batman was camp, but I was seven, and it was awesome. Same with Dark Shadows.

Then again, I Netflixed a bunch of them a few years back — Barnabas through color, pretty much. Gothic soap, as advertised. Not much winking.

4:49 am • Friday • April 20, 2012

@nojo: I’m told Batman was camp, but I was seven, and it was awesome. Same with Dark Shadows.

Same here, except I saw Batman in repeats and recognized the camp. Dark Shadows is just a distant, but awesome memory.

10:52 am • Friday • April 20, 2012

@Jesuswalksinidaho: they figured they’d been Taxed Enough Already and didn’t want to be tread on no more.

1:01 pm • Friday • April 20, 2012

@FlyingChainSaw: And Alan Simpson has been “retired” ever since because he received money from one of the biggest of the crooks. Barry selected him to sit on the economic panel that no one has paid attention to since their report was issued.

2:06 pm • Friday • April 20, 2012

@FlyingChainSaw: when it’s covered in blood and hair, have a beer and repeat…

Add a party dose of semen and you’ve got yourself a Law & Order: SVU treatment there.